Entertainment is a great source of enjoyment and a pleasure to experience during our leisure time. Many people have different sources of entertainment according to their interest and choice; it may range from watching movies to playing indoor or outdoor games or even reading a book. An avid reader finds entertainment and a great sense of joy while reading a book of his favorite author. Sports movies have been in vogue since the 90’s and various sports movies have entertained the audience and provided them a pleasurable experience from the past two decades. Sports movies are not merely a source of entertainment but also a source of enlightenment which describes beautifully tales of human spirit coming out victoriously in times of hardship and agony.
Here, we are going to specifically discuss about the 5 best sports movies of all time. The following five sports movies have been a favorite of the audience since many years and as their popularity is ever rising, hey will be in demand always:
- Hoosiers: – Written by the talented Angelo Pizzo and directed by an amazing director i.e. David Anspaugh, Hoosiers came into the limelight in 1986.It comes across as a wonderful story of a Indiana high school basket ball team in a small town that achieves success and gains victory in the state level championship. Norman Dale, the character of a coach is played brilliantly by Gene Hackman. Barbara Hershey and Dennis Hooper play the role of basket ball lovers lead them to earn an Oscar nomination. An Academy award nomination was also won by Jerry Goldsmith for his amazing score. In the year 2001, the sports film was selected by the Library of Congress for the preservation in the U.S National film registry for being socially, historically and aesthetically momentous and significant. It’s currently exclusively available on the Showbox. ShowBox APK is now available for download on its official website. Enjoy this all time best movie on your smartphone using ShowBox App.
- Miracle: – It came in 2004 as an American sports docudrama based on the U.S hockey team of men, which was under the leadership of the head coach Herb Rooks, which has been portrayed wonderfully by Kurt Russell that came out victorious and was successful in winning the gold medal in the 1980 Winter Olympics. The victory by the U.S.A team over the highly privileged Soviet team in the special medal round came to be dubbed as the Miracle on Ice. Directed by Gavin O Corner and written by Eric Guggenhiem, this sports movie is a must watch for sports lovers as well as others to imbibe the spirit of sportsmanship.
- Bend it like Beckham: -A perfect blend of British- American-Indian and German culture, this romantic sports movie is a gift for football lovers. And not only sports lovers, everyone should watch it as it will surely be a delight and pleasure for 3 hours. The movie is about a Punjabi teenager in London who is immensely in love with the sport but her parents don’t allow playing the game just because she is a girl. Directed and written by Gurinder Chadha, this sports movie is a dose of complete entertainment for all.
- The Natural: – A 1984 sports movie, it is a wonderful adaptation of Bernard Malamud’s 1952 baseball novel of the similar name directed by Barry Levinson and it stars Robert Redford, Glenn Close and Robert Duvall. Roy Hobbs, who is a talented baseball player and his innate, natural talent, makes his special and apart from the ordinary crowd in the team. Produced by Mark Johnson and Tristar pictures, it is a pleasurable experience all in all.
- Field of Dreams: – It is an American fantasy drama film which came into light in 1989 directed by the renowned director Phil Aldel Robinson based on Shoeless Joe. It stars Kevin Conster, Ami Madigan, James Earl Jones, Ray Liotta and Burl Lancestor in the ultimate role. The movie is based on a baseball fan John Kinsella, he starts off to play baseball and travels in many cities to attend the game.